Information and Advice for Women
What Is BadgerNet?
To support your care, we use a single electronic maternity record called BadgerNet, that doctors and midwives can access from wherever they are working. Hospitals from across different Trusts work together to deliver your maternity care, wherever you are at the time. Controls are in place between the Trusts involved that sets out how we will use and protect your data. The Trust does not rely on your consent for the use of BadgerNet but it is required to be transparent about its use and how your data will be used.
What Does The System Allow?
- Health care staff that are caring for you can access your electronic records whenever they need to.
- You (as the service user) can access your own personal records (data) through the BadgerNotes App/website, ensuring you always have the most up-to-date information available. BadgerNet ensures your data is held safely and securely, and only authorised and trained staff involved in your care can view it. We ensure the confidentiality of your records through regular audit and by monitoring access to your records. This is one of our commitments to you.
What Are Your Rights?
Unless subject to an exemption, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to request a copy of the information that Walsall Healthcare Trust holds about you (we must provide this information free of charge, however we can charge a reasonable fee if you request the same information more than once or your request is considered excessive or unfounded).
- The right to request that any inaccurate information is corrected.
- The right to withdraw consent for processing of your information (if consent was previously given).
- The right to object to the processing of personal information.
- The right to lodge a complaint with Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust.
The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner (ICO).
- There are other rights under current data protection law; however, these rights only apply in certain circumstances.
Further information about your rights can be found from:
Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust Website
Information Commissioners Office
(Websites checked 02/02/2023).
For more information about our hospitals and services please see our website https://www.walsallhealthcare.nhs.uk/