Two inpatient maternity wards are available at Walsall Manor Hospital to provide around-the-clock high-quality care to women pre and post-birth.
Ward 24 (Foxglove) Inpatient Ward and Transitional Care Unit
- A fifteen-bedded ward (includes two ensuite and five side rooms)
- Features a four-bedded transitional care unit staffed 24/7 with a transitional care trained midwife on site
- Women’s sitting room and beverage area
Also see – Transitional Care Unit
Ward 25 (Primrose) Inpatient Ward
Providing care for women antenatally and postnatally.
- A twenty-bedded ward (includes two ensuites, and six side rooms)
- Women’s sitting room and beverage area.
- Overnight stay facility – for partner or a nominated person (subject to availability). Facilities include a comfortable chair and bathroom facilities. Unfortunately at this time we are not able to provide refreshments or food for your partner/nominated person
Visiting hours are between 10am to 8.30pm
Visiting restrictions – A birth partner plus one (excluding own children) are also permitted. Your own children are welcomed onto the ward, however all other children under the age of 12 years will not be given access.
What do I need to bring?
Typical items you may wish to bring with you incude:
- Day and night clothes for you
- Any medication that you currently take
- Baby clothes
- If you have chosen to artificially feed your baby – Starter packs (minimum of two) of your chosen milk
- Sanitary towels
Both wards are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Walsall Manor Hospital – Hospital Route 225
Carol Hollington, Matron
Sarah Jacques, Ward Manager
Tel: 01922 721172 ext. 7718 (Ward 24 Foxglove) or ext. 6965/6425 (Ward 25 Primrose)
Women are admitted to the wards by their midwife or other Walsall Healthcare professional.