Our volunteers are invaluable and irreplaceable, giving their time ‘freely’ through the support they give to our staff and more importantly, our patients. They help us to improve the patient and carer experience.
Volunteering provides an amazing opportunity to meet new people and continue using existing and developing new skills. Many volunteers feel that supporting the trust enables them to give back to the organisation, when at times they have received care themselves.
What we expect from our volunteers
- To complete your volunteering role in line with the role profile description and outlined tasks.
- To observe trust policy in line with volunteer core training.
- To represent the trust values at all times and recognize the importance of our patients.
- Uphold health and safety by following trust policies, procedures and as directed by staff.
- To meet time commitments as outlined in your role profile and application form.
- To be a positive representative of the trust.
- To contribute and celebrate the successes of the team you volunteer in.
What you can expect from Walsall Healthcare
- A dedicated voluntary service team you can contact for any support or guidance throughout your time volunteering with us.
- A full training and welcome induction with regular updates.
- An official Walsall Healthcare volunteering uniform to help identify you as a volunteer.
- Access to a refreshments hub where you can take a break.
- Reimbursement for out of pocket expenses including travel to and from the hospital when volunteering (in line with trust policy).
- A meal allowance for when volunteering over meal times.
- Opportunities to meet new people.
- Development opportunities including further training.
- To be treated equally and without discrimination.
- An enjoyable experience
You can apply to volunteer in the following areas. Click the area of interest to reach the appropriate application form.
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 01922 721172 Ext 7713
Walsall Manor Hospital
Walsall healthcare NHS Trust