Why not join us as a volunteer at Walsall Manor Hospital? Each one is invaluable and irreplaceable to us, giving their time ‘freely’ through the support they give to our staff and more importantly, our patients.
Due to the current Covid-19 situation, we only have the role of a ‘Response Volunteer’ available and this opportunity will exclude people who are:
- under 18/over 60 years
- have a long-term condition
- are or may be pregnant
- have a weakened immune system have been advised to shield and protect themselves on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable from COVID-19.
The response volunteers will play a key role for the hospital staff and will undertake duties such as:
- meeting and greeting patients ensuring they use PPE provided
- fetching and carrying small items as requested by staff
- assist in providing the video calling service enabling patients to connect with loved ones
- collecting/delivering documents/medicines within the hospital
The role will need:
- good communication and listening skills
- a level of physical effort and mobility
- reliability and flexibility
- Good team working ability
- Non-judgemental approach
The process involves an interview (undertaken by Teams, Facetime, Zoom or telephone), PNC check, reference checks and training and is subject to a 3-month probationary period. If you are interested, please apply.
For further information please contact the volunteering service on 01922 656689. We look forward to hearing from you.