Following guidance from Public Health England the Trust is changing the access to visiting patients as a precautionary measure.
Please note the following changes with effect from 13th March 2020
- Emergency Department – 1 visitor at a time to accompany the patient
- Paediatric wards – 24 hour visiting restricted to parents / responsible carer only – maximum of 2 at a time
- Delivery Suite – birthing partner only
- Patients who are at the end of life – 24 hour visiting but contained to the patient bed space
- All other areas – visiting times will be 11am – 1pm / 4pm- 8pm.
- A maximum of 2 people at the bedside only – at all times.
- Visitors must wash their hands before and after visiting the patient
- Where it is appropriate that visitors wear PPE then a risk assessment must be undertaken, and recorded. Any visitor who cannot wear the PPE must not proceed to visiting.
- Visitors should be advised not to go to any other departments or locations within the hospital or healthcare facility after visiting.