Around 1,000 rocks have been hand painted by children, young people and adults across Walsall this week, ready to be hidden around local parks, as part of a Kindness Rocks Hunt organised by the Walsall Together Partnership.
The Kindness Rocks Hunt, which will take place from Saturday 11 June to Sunday 19 June, has been planned during Loneliness and Isolation Week to help spread a little kindness and get people out and about enjoying the fresh air and lovely green spaces.
Matthew Dodd, Director of Transformation for Walsall Together, said: “Looking at ways we can support people with loneliness and isolation is one of the key priorities for Walsall Together’s Resilient Communities workstream.
“We thought this was a great way to help people connect with their community and get out and about enjoying the local parks, doing some walking and getting some fresh air. We hope people will enjoy hunting for the rocks and they bring a smile to people’s faces.”
The rules of the Kindness Rocks Hunt are simple – walk around the park, find them, enjoy them and re-hide them for others to enjoy.
Where you will find the rocks:
- Walsall Arboretum – Lichfield Street, Walsall, WS4 2BU
- King George Park Bloxwich – Stafford Road, Bloxwich, Walsall, WS3 3NJ
- Victoria Park Darlaston – Victoria Road, Darlaston, Wednesbury WS10 8AB
- Palfrey Park Walsall – Dale Street, Palfrey, WS1 4AN
- Pelsall Common – Church Road, Pelsall, WS3 4EN
- Brownhills Common – The Parade, Brownhills, Walsall WS8 7NG
You can share your rock hunt finds and smiles with us on Facebook or Twitter @WalsallTogether using the #KindnessRocksWalsall.
Loneliness is something that can affect us all, young or old, at any point in our lives and we all experience feeling lonely in different ways.
There is no one way to deal with loneliness and isolation, but there are lots of different things that you can do, to help yourself, or someone around you:
- Try talking about your feelings to a friend, family member or professional
- Consider joining a group or class that focuses on something you enjoy
- Consider visiting places where you can just be around other people – for example, a park, the cinema or a cafe
There is lots of support out there to help too – you don’t have to do it alone:
Helping you get back on your feet – the Health and Wellbeing team at whg supports customers who may be feeling lonely or isolated on a one-to-one basis. Find out more here: www.whg.uk.com/health-and-wellbeing
Making Connections Walsall – tackles loneliness and social isolation and offers one-to-one support to help people engage in community activities and build social networks. To find out more call 0121 380 6690 or email MCW@walsall.gov.uk
Let’s Talk Service – offers a range of support services to help people interact with others such as one-to-one support, group sessions or events such as walks or coffee mornings. For more information call 07909 213 184 or email email@example.com
For more information visit www.walsalltogether.co.uk/get-involved/KindnessRocksWalsall