Speech and Language Therapy (Adults)
Walsall Adult Speech and Language Therapy Team aims to provide assessment, management and review of patients needing support with their swallowing and/or communication.
The service works with a range of people who have difficulties in the following areas:
- Swallowing (Dysphagia)
- Language (Aphasia/dysphasia)
- Speech (Articulation/ Phonology)
- Voice (Dysphonia)
- Stammer (Dysfluency)
Services are offered across a number of Walsall Healthcare sites including:
- Walsall Manor Hospital
- Shortheath Clinic
- Hollybank House
- Nursing/ residential homes
- Home visits (Domiciliary) Home visits can be offered when the patient is unable to attend a clinic.
Walsall speech and Language Therapy are also able to offer a range of training on dysphagia, communication difficulties and voice.
For further information on the courses we offer please contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments between 8.30am to 5pm are available. (Appointments for voice therapy at Walsall Manor Hospital can be offered up to 6pm)
Walsall Speech and Language Therapy department operates an open referral process for individuals requiring swallowing, speech, language or dysfluency appointments.
To refer please complete this form.
Patients requiring voice therapy need to have been seen by ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) first. If you have concerns regarding changes to your voice your GP will be able to refer you to ENT.
Please note that Walsall Speech and Language therapy are only able to accept referrals for people living in Walsall or those with a Walsall GP.
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists www.rcslt.org
- Health and Care Professionals Council www.hpc-uk.org
- Access to communication technology www.bhamcommunity.nhs.uk/patients-public/rehabilitation/act/
- Alzheimers Society www.alzheimers.org.uk
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust (BIRT) www.thedtgroup.org/brain-injury/
- British Aphasiology Society www.bas.org.uk
- Cancer Larygectomee Trust www.cancerlt.org
- Different strokes www.differentstrokes.co.uk
- Functional Neurological Disorder https://www.fndaction.org.uk
- Headway www.headway.org.uk
- Huntington’s Disease Association www.hda.org.uk
- Laryngectomy: National Association of Laryngectomee Clubs www.laryngectomy.org.uk
- Motor Neurone Disease Association www.mndassociation.org
- Multiple System Atrophy Trust www.msatrust.org.uk
- Multiple Sclerosis Society www.mssociety.org.uk
- NHS Stroke guidance www.nhs.uk/conditions/stroke/recovery/
- Parkinson’s Disease Association www.parkinsons.org.uk
- Progressive Supranuclear Association www.pspassociation.org.uk
- Speakability www.speakability.org.uk
- British Stammering Association www.stamma.org
- Stroke Association www.stroke.org.uk
- British Voice Association www.britishvoiceassociation.org.uk