A small celebratory event has been held for Pharmacy staff who have achieved a qualification to help progress their leadership skills.
Six Pharmacy department staff from Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust have completed the Developing Leaders within the NHS programme and obtained a CMI Award Level 5 Management and Leadership qualification.
The following staff were all awarded with a certificate:
The programme was delivered for the Trust by Activity Group, a dedicated NHS training company. Activity Group focuses on delivering the practical skills and knowledge required to make a real impact and difference to the delegates’ leadership skills and the work of their teams.
As part of the six-day programme, delegates had to devise a work-based project using their newly acquired skills from the programme. The objectives of the projects were to help enhance/improve the patient experience/and or help to make a fiscal saving for the trust.
The pharmacy team project presentation topics included:
- Quality Improvement in Cancer Services by Rose Atkins
- Dispensing Errors – Causes, Consequences and Prevention by Chris Simmonds
- Pharmacy Discharge Lounge – to improve patient flow for supply of discharge medicines by Razia Bibi
- Pharmacy Automation Systems by Hayley Lloyd and Ben Seal
- Project Plan for an EPMA System by Gurvinder Chadha