Having a child comes easily to some parents, where for others, the adjustments can be difficult.
Health visitors work with all parents to assess the support they need and develop appropriate programs to help give the child the best possible start in life.
Health visitors support and educate families from pregnancy through to when your child starts reception class.
Health Visitors can offer:
- Support from your family from antenatal through to when your child attends school.
- Support and advice on family health and minor illnesses.
- Home visit’s which include advice on feeding, introduction to solids, healthy eating and dental health.
- A physical and developmental check to ensure your child is reaching their full potential.
- Providing families with specific support on subjects such as postnatal depression.
Health visitors also work closely with other professionals including nursery nurses and Sure Start centre workers and nursery’s to provide the best service for your child.
The type of support can include:
- Referring families to specialists, such as speech and language therapists.
- Arranging access to support groups, such as those provided by Sure Start children’s centres.
- Organising practical support, for example- working with a nursery nurse on the importance of play.
- Offering advice and further information on housing issues, benefits, training and education.
Health visitors are also trained in recognising risk factors, triggers of concern, and signs of abuse and neglect in children.
Health visitor drop-in clinics
A number of health visitor drop-in clinics take place each month, details of which appear below.
From time to time information is also posted on the Walsall Healthcare Trust Facebook page.
|Monday||9.30 – 12.00||Twice monthly 1st and 3rd Monday in the month||Willenhall Health Centre, Field Street, Willenhall WV13 2NY||Appointment only. Call 01922 270530 to book|
|1.30 – 3.30||2nd Monday in the month||Rushall Medical Centre 107 Lichfield Road, Rushall WS4 1HW||Child Health Clinic Rushall patients only. Call 01922 604538 to book.|
|2.00 – 4.00||2nd and 4th Monday in the month||Harden Health Centre Harden Road, Walsall WS3 1ET||Appointment only. Call 01922 423312 to book|
|Tuesday||10.00 – 11.30||1st and 3rd Tuesday in the month||Birchills Children’s Centre Sure Start Birchills, North Walsall||Appointment only. Call 01922 605655 to book|
|10.00 – 11.30||1st Tuesday in the month||Pelsall Village Children’s Centre||Child Health Clinic. Appointment only. Call 01922 604538 to book|
|1.30 – 3.30||1st and 3rd Tuesday in the month||Pinfold Health Centre, Field Road, Bloxwich WS3 3JJ||Appointment only. Call 01922 603074 to book|
|Wednesday||9.30 – 11.45||3rd Wednesday in the month||Parkview Medical Centre, Chester Road North, Brownhills WS8 7JG||Child Health Clinic. Appointment only. Call 01922 604538 to book|
|9.30 – 11.30||Weekly||Darlaston Health Centre, Pinfold Street, Darlaston, Walsall WS10 8SY||Well baby clinic drop-in|
|Thursday||9.30 – 11.30||Weekly||Anchor Meadow Health Centre, Aldridge||Appointment only. Call 01922 605685 9.30-1.30 Mon-Wed to book|
|10 – 11am||3rd Thursday in the month||St Chads Clinic, St Chads Church Hall, Eddison Road, Beechdale WS3 7HS||Appointment only. Contact 01922 603074 to book|
|1.00 -3.00||Weekly||Surestart Palfrey Children’s Centre, South Street, Walsall WS1 8NF||Child Health Clinic. Appointment only. Call 07879 412699 to book|
|1.00 – 3.00||Weekly||Bentley Health Centre, Churchill Road, Bentley WS2 0BA||Child Health Clinic Drop-in|
|9.15 – 11.15||Twice monthly 2nd and 4th Thursday||Sina Health Centre, 230 Coppice Farm Way, Willenhall WV12 5XZ||Appointment only. Contact 01922 270530 to book|