ReSPECT information for professionals
Improving Personalised Care in Walsall is one of the key priorities for the Walsall Together Integrated Care Partnership.
One of the ways in which we are doing this is by replacing the current Do Not Attempt Resuscitation (DNACPR) policy, which is used across the borough, with the Resuscitation Council (UK) Recommended Summary Plan for Emergency Care and Treatment (ReSPECT).
By using the ReSPECT process we will be able to improve personalised care by talking to our patients about more than just resuscitation.
There are a range of resources available to help you understand more about the ReSPECT process here:
- What is ReSPECT?
- Who is ReSPECT for?
- Having a conversation about ReSPECT with adults
- Having a conversation about ReSPECT with children
- How to complete a ReSPECT form
- How to check a ReSPECT form
- How to care for someone with a ReSPECT form
- ReSPECT top ten tips
- ReSPECT – information for care home staff
- ReSPECT – patient leaflet
A copy of the ReSPECT Form can be accessed here:
Patient facing staff are required to undertake either authorship or awareness training modules (dependant on role).
For more information on training click here