The Orthodontic team comprises of four consultants and a speciality trainee in Orthodontics who provide treatment for patients with complex orthodontic problems, often requiring multi-disciplinary management.
Patients who require more simple treatment with fixed appliances should be referred by their General Dental Practitioners (GDPs) to orthodontic specialists in the community.
The team sees and care for patients with:
- Impeded eruption of teeth requiring surgical input
- Overjets of 10mm or more, or where orthognathic surgery is likely to be required if unsuccessful
- Patients presenting with cleft lip and palate deficiencies who require orthodontics
- Patients requiring orthodontic treatment who also have complex medical histories
- Patients requiring a combined orthodontic/orthognathic approach
- Severe hypodontia (more than one tooth absent in any quadrant) likely to require management in conjunction with a consultant in restorative dentistry
Orthodontic clinics generally operate between the hours of 9am – 5pm, but the availability of appointments is dependent on the timetable of the individual consultant.
Outpatient and Day Case Centre – hospital route 007
Walsall Manor Hospital
Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
Miss Salima Visram, Consultant Orthodontist
Secretary: 01922 721172 ext. 6971
Referrals are only accepted from a General Dental Practitioner (GDP) or another healthcare professional.