Trauma and Orthopaedics
Trauma and Orthopaedic services provide a wide and varied service covering both planned elective and trauma care, including surgery covering the following:
- General orthopaedics which includes key hole surgery of the knee and shoulder, total hip and total knee replacement
- Trauma surgery includes most fractures
- Upper limb surgery including total shoulder and total elbow replacement
- Young adult hip surgery including hip preservation and uncemented total hip replacement
- Ligament reconstruction
- Revision arthroplasty – complex and revision total hip and knee replacement
- Spinal surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Soft tissue and sports injury service
- Paediatric orthopaedic service provided by two visiting surgeons
- Complex spinal problems are referred to specialist centres within the region
- Conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system.
Hours of operation are being confirmed and will be published here shortly.
Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
Mr W Goude – Clinical Director
01922 721172 ext. 7290
Initial referral is via a GP or other healthcare professional.