Community matrons provide holistic management to housebound patients with long-term and complex conditions including clinical, social, psychological care and medicines management.
They prevent avoidable hospital admissions by offering ongoing preventative care planning and chronic disease management and support in the community. If someone is admitted to hospital, they liaise to reduce the length of stay and speed up discharge to the most appropriate setting.
The service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week but may be limited during weekends and bank holidays.
Community matrons are located within the seven district nursing teams.
Kay Crowther, Clinical Lead for Community Nursing
Bentley Medical Centre
- Referrals from GPs and other health professionals.
- Via telephone to the team as detailed below:
- North locality team based at Pinfold: 01922 605750
- East locality teams based at Brownhills/Parkview: 01922 605751 and Anchor Meadow: 01922 605442.
- South locality teams based at Broadway: 01922 605752 and 01922 605441.
- West locality team based at Beechdale: 01922 605441 and two teams based at Darlaston: 01922 605764 and 01922 605763.
These teams are available between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday and should be a patient’s first point of contact during these hours.