Services and facilities
The Library offers services to staff and students of Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust. It provides access to the services and works in partnership with a consortium of health libraries, incorporating BASE (Birmingham, Solihull and the Black Country) libraries and Coventry and Warwickshire health libraries collectively known as Health Libraries Midlands (HeLM).
- Lost or damaged books will result in a full replacement cost.
- Fines of £5 or more will cause all borrowing rights to be suspended until the fines are paid, (External members will be suspended from borrowing if any fines are owing).
- You Library membership card will be needed in order to borrow items.
- Computers with Internet access (to access the Internet in the Learning Centre Library you need to have a network username and password. These can be obtained from the IT Helpdesk on telephone extension 2020)
- A self issue machine which allows you to issue, renew and return items loaned from the library
- A photocopier, scanning facilities, colour printing.
- Free WiFi available.
- Over 4,000 books (including e-books) on site and a further 83,000 available through the HeLM Catalogue.
- Digital resources
- Access to over 3,000 electronic full-text journals and health databases
- Fiction collection
- Staffed hours Monday to Friday: 8.30am—5.00pm
- 24 Hour access with a valid Trust ID Badge
- Inter library loans of books and article request service
- Evidence search service
- Information skills training
|Standard and two week loans||20p Per item per day||Max fine £5|
|7 day loans||50p Per item per day||Max fine £5|
|Special Item Loans||£1 Per day per item||Max fine £10|
|Laptops and associated equipment||£2 Per day per item||Max fine £50|
|Full text article supply – per article||£2.00|
|British Library full text – per article||£10.00|
|British Library book||£15.00|
|British Library book (renewal)||£5.00|
|A4 (black and white)||5p per sheet|
|A4 (colour)||10p per sheet|
|A3 (black and white)||10p per sheet|
|A3 (colour)||20p per sheet|