Please read the following instructions before submitting your poster on this website:
The format for the QI Awards 2021 is changing.
- It will be held as a hybrid event on Tuesday 20th July 2021, with some attendees in the MLCC and the rest virtually.
- Any staff who wish to participate with their quality improvement projects should design a poster using the templates below.
- This can be emailed to email@example.com when complete.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help to design your poster. A member of the team will contact you when possible with suggestions for your poster.
- Previous posters submitted to QI Awards 2019 are available at QI Projects as resources.
- ALL submitted posters will be displayed on a website for staff and judges to vote for the winners, during June 2021. They may also be displayed in the MLCC and public areas around the hospital.
- The top 10 projects will be invited to submit a video for the main event.
Terms & Conditions :-
- Posters will be accepted till 21st May 2021.
- Please submit your posters by the deadline, else they will be rejected.
- Only projects associated with Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust will be accepted. (GP and psychiatry projects accepted)
- Any projects done after Jan 2019 will be accepted for these awards.
- Presenting author should have made a significant contribution to the project.
- The posters will be displayed on the website or in a QI repository for future reference and teaching.
- The QI Awards team will print the posters FREE of charge.
- By submitting their poster to the Awards event, the authors give us their consent for the poster to be used for reference purposes and public display if considered suitable, and teaching by the Trust’s Qi Academy.
- Projects should include Quality Improvement following an audit, survey or review of service. Improvement interventions can include simulation and education. A structured plan of changes following an audit would be acceptable, even if no improvement was demonstrated.
You can view the poster scoring criteria here.
There will be a shortlisting of all submitted posters and authors will be informed by mid June 2021 whether their projects have been accepted for oral presentation.
Producing your poster
- Please use the templates provided here to design your poster.
- Safari may change the extension to .pps – Rename file extension to .pptx and open with Powerpoint.
- You can choose any of the template designs. Please DO NOT change the master background or size.
- The size of your poster must be A3 PORTRAIT (297 x 420 mm) and should include both the Walsall Healthcare and Qi Awards logos.
- You may wish to include the following delineated sections:
- A title (should reflect main subject or message of project).
- Background: explaining why you did this project.
- Aims: In one sentence, explain the specific aim of the project.
- Methods: Briefly describe the methods used throughout the project. List key steps carried out, tools used and timeframe.
- Results: Summarise the results from the project and include sufficient evidence to support the results and to identify what changes have emerged. The evidence must support the conclusions made.
- Conclusions (There should be a Conclusion or Take-home message).
- Please include images, graphs and charts as suggested in the poster templates.
There will be awards for Best Poster, Runner-up Best Poster, People’s Choice poster, Best Oral Presentation and People’s Choice Presentation.