Please note, due to high demand we are unable to accommodate any further placements during the weeks stated below:
3rd - 6th April 2018
9th - 13th April 2018
25th - 29th June 2018
2nd - 6th July 2018
9th - 13th July 2018
16th - 20th July 2018
- Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust offer work experience shadowing opportunities for those who are considering a career within the NHS. This may be anything from one day to one week depending on the department.
- Work experience is unpaid and is subject to eligibility and relevant clearances prior to any placement commencing.
- All work experience agreements must be confirmed by the Work Experience Team.
- Placements are limited and offered on a first come, first served basis.
- When all placements are full the work experience programme will be closed until the following academic year.
- Notification of placement will be sent 6 weeks prior to placement.
- Please note during your placement you will not be giving direct patient care.
- Placements may be changed at short notice wherever possible we will offer you an alternative date / placement however this cannot be guaranteed
- You may be asked to leave the work experience programme at any time if your behaviour is considered to be unsuitable.
- Failure to provide evidence of immunisation will result in any placement offer being withdrawn.
- Long term placements - we regret that we are currently unable to offer long term placements.
Applying for Work Experience
To apply for a Work Experience placement at Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust please click here.
Please note it does take a number of weeks to arrange a work experience placement. You will be notified of your application progress as soon as possible.
Please refer to the table below for information as to when you should be applying for your requested dates:
|Please apply no later than:
||For a placement in:
||April, May, June
||July, August, September
||October, November, December
||January, February, March
For example, if you would like a placement in October please apply no later than July.