The role of the Supervisor of Midwives is to ensure the safety and welfare of you and your baby.
Experienced practising midwives who have undertaken additional training who work within a team of supervisors of midwives, and who are employed either in the hospital or community, or work outside the NHS.
- Aim to ensure you have received guidance and information about the right type of care, in the right place, by the right type of care, in the right place, by the right professional
- Strive to set a good example to midwives and doctors
- Guide and support midwives to help them develop their skills and expertise
- Monitor the practice of midwives to ensure you and your baby receive good quality, safe care
- Identify and take steps to correct poor practice
We will help you by:
- Listening to any concerns you may have about your maternity care
- Supporting you and your midwife to plan the safest place for you to give birth to your baby
- Discussing with you why your choices may not be the most appropriate for you
- Helping to sort out disagreements about your maternity care in an unbiased and impartial manner
The de-briefing service is an incredibly powerful and successful way to understand your birthing experience and perhaps better understand the answers to any questions you may have.
To speak to a Supervisor of Midwives, call 01922 721172 or alternatively email email@example.com