Please read the following rules before submitting your abstract on this website from 1st May:
- Abstracts will be accepted between 1 May 2019 to 31 May 2019
- Abstracts should include the following delineated sections:
- A title (should reflect main subject or message of project).
- Aims: In one sentence, explain the specific aim of the project.
- Methods: Briefly describe the methods used throughout the project. List key steps carried out, tools used and timeframe.
- Results: Summarise the results from the project and include sufficient evidence to support the results and to identify what changes have emerged. The evidence must support the conclusions made.
- Conclusions (There should be a Conclusion or Take-home message).
- Maximum 300 words in the main body. Please use Microsoft Word or similar to check the word count if you’re unsure.
- Multiple authors can be submitted, Separate names with a comma followed at the end with the name of your department
- Only projects associated with Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust will be accepted, completed in the last two years
- All authors mentioned above should be aware of the results and submission.
- Presenting author should have made a significant contribution to the project
- A table or graphic can be uploaded in jpg, gif or png format along with the abstract.
- The uploaded table or graphic should be appropriately referenced in the body of the abstract.
- The chosen abstracts may be displayed on the website or in a QI repository for future reference.
- By submitting their abstract to the Awards event, the authors give us their consent for the abstracts or poster to be used for reference purposes and public display if considered suitable.
- Projects should include Quality Improvement following an audit, survey or review of service. Improvement interventions can include simulation and education. A structured plan of changes following an audit would be acceptable, even if no improvement was demonstrated.
You can view the abstract scoring criteria here.
There will be a shortlisting of all submitted abstracts and authors will be informed by 15th June whether their projects have been accepted for poster or oral presentation.
Please prepare your poster as a Powerpoint slide to be printed in A1 size by the hospital.
About 30 abstracts will be chosen for poster presentation and four will be chosen for oral presentation in Sister Dora Lecture theatre.
There will be awards for Best Poster and Runner-up Best Poster, Best Oral Presentation and People’s Choice Presentation.