Healthcare Database Advanced Search (HDAS)
(HDAS) enables you to search one or more clinical database to find published evidence and link to full text papers where possible.
The HDAS databases are:
- AMED – Allied and Complementary Medicine 1985 to present
- BNI – British Nursing Index 1992 to present
- CINAHL – Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature 1981 to present
- EMBASE – Excerpta Medica Database 1974 to present (Drugs and pharmacology)
- EMCARE – 1995 to present (Nursing, allied health professions)
- HMIC – Health Management Information Consortium 1979 to present (King’s Fund and Department of Health)
- Medline – 1946 to present (General medical database)
- PsycINFO – 1806 to present (Psychology and allied fields)
- PubMed – Medline from PubMed 1946 to present (General medical database)
You can access HDAS with your OpenAthens account. Use the online form to request journal articles that are not available via HDAS. You can view video demonstrations of key tasks and features and a quick guide is available.