What we do
The Orthodontic department comprises two orthodontic consultants, Mrs Sarah Church and Miss Aisling Byrne who provide treatment for patients with complex orthodontic problems and a high treatment need, who often require multidisciplinary management. Patients who require more simple treatment with fixed appliances should be referred by their General Dental Practitioners (GDPs) to orthodontic specialists in the community.
We see and care for patients with:
- Impeded eruption of teeth requiring surgical input
- Overjets of 10mm or more, or where orthognathic surgery is likely to be required if unsuccessful
- Patients presenting with cleft lip and palate deficiencies who require orthodontics
- Patients requiring orthodontic treatment who also have complex medical histories
- Patients requiring a combined orthodontic/orthognathic approach
- Severe hypodontia (more than one tooth absent in any quadrant) likely to require management in conjunction with a consultant in restorative dentistry
Hours of Operation
The Orthodontic clinics generally operate between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm, but the availability of appointments is dependent on the timetable of the individual consultant.
Outpatient and Day Case Centre, Route 007
Walsall Manor Hospital
Are Self-Referrals Accepted?
No. You will need to be referred by your General Dental Practitioner or another healthcare professional.