So you're thinking about carrying out a research project in the hospital, and wondering where to start?
The Director of Research & Development, Dr James Halpern will provide you with all the information you need to conduct research within the hospital, from project design, application for approval and dissemination of results.
Did you know that the library can also help by providing practical and timely support for those planning, conducting or considering clinical, academic or management research?
Here’s how we can support you:
- Undertake literature searches
- Obtain full text articles where you only have the abstract
- Support with critical appraisal
- Provide 24/7 access to a quiet place to study with Internet access
- Create tailored current awareness alerts for your research topic
- Provide access to the major healthcare bibliographic databases such as Medline and the Cochrane Library
- Help with OpenATHENS registration
- Provide books on research methods, SPSS materials and statistics on your research topic
If you have a new project in mind you can contact the Research & Development team using the following e-mail addresses;
Medicines Healthcare Regulation Authority (MHRA)
National Research Ethics Service (NRES)
UK Clinical Research Network (UKCRN) Portfolio Database
NIHR Learning Management System
NIHR Clinical Research Network
Birmingham Research Training Collaborative
NIHR Research Design Service West Midlands