Our hearing therapist provides a comprehensive rehabilitation service for people who have tinnitus, hearing difficulties and balance problems. The appointment with the hearing therapist will allow you time to talk about difficulties that you may be experiencing at home, at work, and socially.
Following this initial assessment the therapist will plan with you some helpful steps to improve this situation.
The service is available for children and adults. Access to this service is normally via an ENT Consultant or Audiologist.
This may include the following:
- An explanation of what may be causing your hearing problems/tinnitus
- Support and therapy for people with auditory processing difficulties.
- Counselling and advice for you, your family or friends.
- Support if you have had a sudden hearing loss.
- Help to make the most of what you can hear.
- Help and advice on adjusting to your hearing aids and getting the best from them.
- Communication tactics and strategies to improve lip-reading.
- Balance rehabilitation
- Sensitivity to sound
- Tinnitus management
- Information about useful equipment for home or work.