What do I do if my childs hearing aid stops working?
- Check the instruction booklet supplied with your hearing aid—some problems can be fixed by you.
- Contact us for advice.
- Bring the hearing aid to the walk-in repair clinic.
When can I attend walk-in clinic sessions (i.e. without an appointment)?
- For hearing aid repairs.
- For replacement lost hearing aids.
- For new earmoulds/impressions.
When are clinic appointments necessary?
- For all hearing testing.
- For fitting hearing aids.
Walk-in clinics—no appointment needed
Monday 1.30—4.00 Route 008 Adult Audiology
Tuesday 1.30—4.00 Route 008 Adult Audiology
Wednesday 9.30—12.00 Route 008 Adult Audiology (1st Wednesday of month)
Wednesday 9.30—12.00 Route 124 Paediatric Audiology
(2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Wednesdays)
Thursday 9.30—12.00 Route 008 Adult Audiology
1.30—4.00 Route 008 Adult Audiology
Friday 9.30—12:00 Route 008 Adult Audiology
Subject to staff availability
Where can we obtain hearing aid batteries?
- From the reception desk in the main atrium of the Manor Hospital.
- From Adult Audiology reception Route 008 during normal clinic hours (Monday to Friday 9.30 to 12.00 and 1.30 to 4.30).
Is there a postal service for batteries?
Yes. Please send used batteries and your child’s brown hearing aid record book. Please put a large stamp in the envelope to cover return postage.