The Gynaecology service consists of:
- Ward 23-Gynaecology inpatient and day case ward-Route 224
- Ward 26-Gynaecology and Early Pregnancy AND Gynaecology Assessment Unit-Route 230
- Gynaecology Outpatient department-Route 126
- Gynaecology Easi-book/Pre-assessment Clinic-Route 125
Within the whole Gynaecology department we aim to always provide the best care for all of our patients, ensuring their privacy and dignity is addressed at all times.
We also aim to provide a friendly and caring atmosphere within all our settings so that all of our patients feel comfortable during their time with us.
We will ensure that you are involved in all aspects of your care and that any decisions made are with your full informed consent.
The gynaecology department currently has 9 consultants, many with a special interest. At your appointment you may be seen by a consultant or a doctor in training, who will refer to a consultant if advice is needed.
Ward 23 (Gynaecology Inpatients Ward)
Contact Number: 01922 656213 or extension 7583 (01922 721172)
Visiting Times: 10am-7pm
Ward 23 is a dedicated 24 hour Gynaecology and Breast inpatient ward for women who require admission due to gynaecological surgery, breast surgery, gynaecological conditions or as an emergency.
Matron for Gynaecology: Jane Hopcroft
Ward Sister: Julie Field
The clinic provides a comprehensive range of services for women including:
Managing menstrual disorders, pelvic prolapses, infertility - within the clinic there are sub-specialities:
One-stop clinics are available for women with:
- long-standing non-urgent gynaecological problems, such as heavy and/or painful periods and pelvic pain
- ovarian cysts
- uterine fibroids and polyps
- suspected ovarian or endometrial cancers
- Mirena IUS/ IUCD insertion or removal using ultrasound guidance
- endometrial ablation
- Removal of endometrial polyps and small fibroids in an outpatient setting.
- Urogynaecology - which offers a range of investigations and management of female urinary incontinence.
- Colposcopy - offering investigations and treatments for women with abnormal smears.
- Gynaecology oncology (rapid access clinic) these clinics offer investigations and treatment to women suspected to have a gynaecological cancer.
- Urodynamics - an investigations on the bladder to test for stress incontinence, urgency etc.
The clinic also has clinical nurse specialists who run their own clinics in colposocpy, urogynaecology and Gynaecology Oncology.
Mrs Mulay - General Gynaecology
Mrs Reddy - One stop and Infertility
Mr Pepper - One stop and Infertility
Mrs Balachandar - Colposcopy
Mr Abeywyckrama - Urogynae
Mr Ghazal - Oncology lead
Mrs Sharma – General Gynae
Mrs Jain - Urogynae
Mr Davis - Early Pregnancy and one stop
Mrs Karri - Colposcopy lead
Monday - Thursday 8.30 - 5.30pm
Friday 8.30am - 1pm
01922 721172 ext. 7679