What we do
The main aim of our service is to avoid inappropriate admission to hospital and to facilitate a safe discharge from A&E.
The FEP team, following assessment, facilitate discharge by providing one or several of the following:
- Appropriate signposting to other agencies
- Provide low level equipment e.g. zimmer frame, commode etc.
- Rapidly set up a package of care to meet patient needs if appropriate
- Access to ICT bed/step-up beds
- Arrange follow up if necessary by community nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist or social services
- Multi-discipline liaison as appropriate
- Follow-up telephone contact next day
Hours of Operation
8:30 – 6:30 7 days a week
Accident & Emergency Department Manor Hospital
Are self referrals accepted?
How to access the service/Referral contact information:
Referrals accepted from A&E / AMU / Elderly Care Consultants / Fracture Clinic