What we do
Community Matrons provide holistic management to housebound patients with long term and complex conditions including clinical, social, psychological care and medicines management.
They prevent avoidable hospital admissions by offering ongoing preventative care planning and chronic disease management and support in the community. If someone is admitted to hospital, they liaise to reduce the length of stay and speed up discharge to the most appropriate setting.
Hours of Operation
365 days a year (with limited service during weekends and bank holidays)
Community Matrons are located within the nine District Nursing Teams.
Are Self-Referrals Accepted?
How to Access the Service/Referral contact information
- Self referral
- Referrals from GPs and other Health Professionals.
- Via telephone to the team as detailed below:
- North locality team based at Pinfold: 01922 605750
- East locality teams based at Brownhills/Parkview: 01922605751 and Anchor Meadow: 01922 605442
- South locality team based at Broadway: 01922 605752
- West locality team based at Beechdale: 01922 605441
These teams are available between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday and should be a patient's first point of contact during these hours.
Urgent calls between the hours of 6:00 pm and 10:00 am Monday to Friday are covered by 0845 113 0761. Between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am and weekends please contact the Manor Hospital Switchboard on 01922 721 172.